Specialty Vehicle Solutions
The Project Engineer’s work is a critical stage in the engineering process. They are responsible for taking designs from concept through production by creating parts and assemblies and compiling them into complete Production-ready project models and CAD. Accuracy and completeness must be maintained through all levels of design in order to provide complete BOMs for Purchasing and CAD for the Production teams. Competitive Wages & Sign-On Bonuses available based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use SolidWorks/CAD to create complete solid models of each project.
- Create complete & accurate BOMs of each project.
- Create accurate and manufacturing-friendly drawings (CAD) for each project.
- Create accurate parts and assemblies, complete with all assigned properties for use within models.
- All documentation required for production needs to be accurate, complete and finished within established time frames as agreed upon by team.
- Analyze proposed design changes and communicate their assessment of the changes’ effect upon engineering time, production time and the associated hard costs.
- Analyze parts and assemblies and design them to optimize cost, strength, and manufacturability as needed.
- Research, read, and understand outside standards such as MIL-SPECs, etc. Document in a readily usable form the key criteria from outside standards as they apply to Draxxon.
- Create, implement, supervise, and document tests verifying designs meet customer requirements.
- Communicate with vendors to troubleshoot designs, get information on new designs, and obtain drawings and models of components.
- Assist Sales and Marketing by creating models and CAD that can be used in proposals to customers.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
- 3+ years of related experience in a custom manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Solidworks modeling and CAD documentation.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed may be substituted for the above requirements.
- 4-year Engineering Degree.
DRAXXON is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, DRAXXON does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.