Specialty Vehicle Solutions
Responsible for setting up and operating a CNC machine proficiently and editing a CNC program for proper function. $20-$30/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets engineering drawings and understands design requirements including dimensions and tolerances.
- Determines the best possible procedures, setup and operate CNC machining to achieve required specifications.
- Able to effectively program, setup and operate multiple CNC machining tools producing high quality parts.
- Must constantly monitor parts production to ensure adherence to blueprint tolerances. Inspects own work at each step to enable timely continuance and ensure quality parts.
- Work safely and maintain the work area with high standards of housekeeping.
- Perform self-inspection and other required quality control functions at the employee’s workstation.
- Perform required Preventive Maintenance activities on machinery and/or equipment operated.
- Advanced blueprint reading, mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to use standard inspection equipment (micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of tooling required to run a machine, drills and other tools required.
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Machining experience beneficial.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand tolerances.
- Basic knowledge of different types of material beneficial.
High school diploma or GED required.
DRAXXON is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, DRAXXON does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.