CAD Drafter/ CNC Router Operator
Specialty Vehicle Solutions
The CAD Drafter/CNC Operator will be responsible for the creation of simple, to semi-complex, designs, drawings and production of items/materials as needed, as well as editing of CNC programing software for proper machine function. Set up, operation, and maintenance of a Laguna SmartShop M2 CNC Router Table, and Lincoln 4800 Torchmate Plasma Table. Estimated time allocation is approximately 60% design time/ 40% operation of CNC Router Table. $22-$30/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to convert verbal and written information into 2D drawings/sketches.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non-drafting project activities and hands-on work in the shop as needed.
- Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from Supervisor and/or project lead.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to ensure accurate machined parts are produced on time.
- Create new, and interpret existing engineering drawings and understands design requirements including dimensions and tolerances.
- Able to effectively program, setup and operate multiple CNC machining tools producing high quality parts.
- Must constantly monitor parts production to ensure adherence to blueprint tolerances. Inspects own work at each step to enable timely continuance and ensure quality parts.
- Work safely and maintain the work area with high standards of housekeeping.
- Perform self-inspection and other required quality control functions at the employee’s workstation.
- Perform required Preventive Maintenance activities on machinery and/or equipment operated.
- Basic knowledge of CAD or similar software.
- Blueprint reading, mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized.
- Required to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to use standard inspection equipment (micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of tooling required to run a machine, drills and other tools required.
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Advanced experience with AutoCAD program or similar.
- Machining experience beneficial.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand tolerances.
- Basic knowledge of different types of material beneficial.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the listed basic qualifications
DRAXXON is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, DRAXXON does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.